[Malvern] Bandwidth Monitoring

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Mon Jan 22 21:20:42 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 06:51:28PM -0000, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know of a little utility that will either show the up and down
> load sppeds of an ADSL internet connection or send the samples to a file?
>
> Ideally working for both modem and router setups, and available cross
> platforms?

Would something like this do?

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_Router_Traffic_Grapher

I know they used to use it on our network at work but they stopped all sorts
of diagnostic stuff like kit responding to ping packets some time ago.
Who'd have thought it might be useful if you could just look at a status
page which said "this link is down" rather than ringing someone and lodging
a problem report then waiting for weeks til someone gets back to you?

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR