FW: FW: [Malvern] Electrical Intreference

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 28 19:15:31 GMT 2007

Hi Steve

Well you kinda got the reasoning right!

My brother got strange interference on his TV and Hi-fi but at only certain
times of the day.

A neighbour down the street who definately falls into the boys for toys
bracket has recently had one of these multi room hifi's using mains cable
for distribution installed.

He got himself an RF mains filter  and everything was hunky dory, but the
people in the flat above started to experience the same thing, so he asked
me and the rest is as they say history!

Mind you one other thought that comes to mind, that is does an RF filter
work both ways?

So let's assume I have more money than sense and install one of these mains
distributed systems, if I placed an in line filter between the meter and
fuse board would it stop the RF going in both directions or only one?  Or
put another way does it stop dead RF traffic in eithre direction once
installed?

Cheers

Ian