[Malvern] Like a headache... but with pictures

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 10 23:42:15 BST 2007

Yo

For a bunch of creative people who want to Cull The Stupid we sure are
slow at getting t-shirts designed.

At some point in an otherwise dull day I had an idea (see subject) on
how to turn an existing good set of words for a shirt into a decent design.

Except I'm still missing some of the words

and the design

But anyway, the story so far is the front of the shirt should read:

Cull the stupid

while the back should read something along the lines of:

Some people are born to stupidity
Others have stupidity thrust upon them
Still more aspire to stupidity over many years
Cull them all!

(I may have forgotten the exact wording here, Chris?)

Then my secret sauce is to have another layer (in Gimp terminology) with
lots and lots and still yet more descriptive and humorous ways of
actually performing this cull.

As a first stab (tee hee, see what I did there) I came up with this. I'd
like additions, alterations and improvements to the words by collective
wisdom. Putting it all into a real design for a real t-shirt can come
later (Phil!!).

So without further ado:

stab them, shoot them, hit them with a bat
release the hounds, bury them in the ground, tie them to the tracks
poison them, garotte them, hang them by their necks,
beam them down in a red shirt, ouch that's got to hurt
feed them to lions, feed them to tigers, feed them to bears
push them off a cliff, nail them to a tree
find the allergic ones and sting them with a bee
boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew
crush them with a red lorry, smush them with a yellow lorry
twist out their tongues and bash them 'till they burst
strap them to a bomb, read them poems by a Vogon

Then I ran out of ideas. So, MLUG-landers, what can you add? How can you
rearrange it to make it flow better?

Ideally there should be so much text that the casual viewer certainly
can't read it all and from a distance sees it only as texture to the
graphic design. But up close it will put a grin on their faces. I'm not
sure whether a) there should be no repeats, which implies the main words
shouldn't obscure this smaller text (alter the opacity of the layer) or
b) we can have repeats to fill more space with smaller words and you can
still eventually read them all despite some being obscured by the main
words (but more care needed on the exact layout).

Rick