[Malvern] LUG Meetings

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 7 22:19:35 GMT 2007

Hi All, or maybe it should be Yo!

For those of you who couldn't attend the GMH yesterday, and thereby miss
Phil waxing lyrical about his new SASCO Wall Planner, it looks like Geoff's
is definately being replaced by the Permonger's world tour down in
Gloucester on 20/03/07.  Phil will be sending details around the list as
soon as he has got them from Barbie.

Chris also suggested, nae demanded, that we needed to go for another
socialable curry evening - this time at Cromwells which if memory serves is
Powick way for Thursday 22 March.  He's going to get some personal
endorsements first though!

However, as the next GMH meeting is on the Tuesday after Easter Bank Holiday
Monday, how about skipping the GMH and doing Cromwell's the week after?  Any
thoughts.

Some other interesting ideas also bubbled up through the chit chat and Phil
has promised to put them on his wall planner so he doesn't forget them!
Watch that wall planner.

And lastly, Chris came up trumps last night by bringing in a new gent into
the fold - Will or Bill me thinks (sorry, didn't quite catch your name).
Anyhow, that didn't seem to matter as he fitted nicely in with the many
different and various topics that bounded around last night.

These included such delights as when slant became slash, and the OWL
telescope project.  I know that at least one Linux question was asked too,
cos I asked it!

Sorry if this seems somewhat like a newsletter, but hey!  Why not?

Ian
PA to Phil 'mind like a sieve' Ironside

PS Congrats to Stu and Jess.  If you weren't at the GMH I'll leave you on
your seat edge to find out why!