[Malvern] Mounting SD memory.

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 11 20:39:33 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 18:41 +0100, Richard Forster wrote:
> Or rather, what did you have to do to stop a modern system just working?
>
> Even on my iMac running Debian stable[1] at the moment, I plug in a USB
> thingy and it gets automounted in a sensible directory under /media.

Debian doesn't do this - Debian-running-GNOME-or-KDE does it.
None of my Debian boxen (variously running stable, testing and
unstable) automount :-)
In my case I'm happier this way, as every time I plug my mobile
telephone into USB to recharge I don't want it to mount and
have to list 2GB of pictures :-/

Cheers,

 - Richard