[Malvern] Texmaker configuration,

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 15 18:32:08 BST 2007

I am moving my activities sideways to another machine.  All is well
except that
I have been unable to get Texmaker to work.

Specifically,  I can't get the Quick Build feature to work.  It
complains that it is unable to start the command.

Another curiosity is that if I invoke the editor from the Desktop, I get
a clearer heavier type-face with some language words in colour.  If I
invoke it from the console (as root)  I get lighter, less clear type.

I have tried to find out where it differs from the old machine, which
works OK ! No joy yet.

I find the configuration menu confusing.  I think this has to be a
configuration problem.

I think that Rick is an experienced LaTeX guy,  but he probly didn't use
Debian.

Best regards,

Geoff.