[Malvern] 'apt' Proxy Woes

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 18 10:04:01 UTC 2009

Hi Stu

This is a half baked response as it's a memory of a posting from another list!

Try using the "EXPORT" command line to change the proxy settings for the entire machine - if it works, set up a BASH script or some other devilishly clever scripting so that when you connect wirelessly it sets the proxy to A, and when via F0 to B.

Alternatively, if this is a total banana skin, try the Ubuntu UK list.

Ian