[Malvern] Birmingham Perl Mongers Technical Meeting - Wednesday 25th March 2009

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 18:25:47 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

Thought you guys might be interested in our meeting planned for this
week. Feel free to come along and join us. As always attendance is free
and everyone is welcome.

Event:   Technical Meeting
Date:    Wednesday 25th March 2009
Times:   from 7pm onwards (see below)
Venue:   The Victoria, 48 John Bright Street, Birmingham, B1 1BN
Details: http://birmingham.pm.org/cgi-bin/brum.pl?act=tech-next

Intro:

This month we welcome a returning guest speaker, Stuart Langridge, who
will be taking a look at some of the cool things in JavaScript that you
never knew about, plus some of the things planned for the language for
the future. JJ will also be taking a look at a few ways to create PDF
documents using Perl.

Talks:

* Whizzy new JavaScript stuff [Stuart Langridge]
* PDF Manipulation with Perl [JJ]

Venue:

The Victoria, 48 John Bright Street, Birmingham, B1 1BN
- http://www.pubs247.co.uk/pubPages/pub.asp?id=24358&from=&promotion=
- http://birmingham.pm.org/images/upload/victoria.jpg
- http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=the+victoria+pub&near=Birmingham&radius=0.0&cd=1&cid=52482921,-1893619,7492755984503563963&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

The venue is approximately 5-10 minutes walk from New Street station.
For those travelling by car, although there is on street parking around
the venue, you may have to use the red cage by the flyover (opposite he
Mailbox). For further directions and parking see details on the website:

http://birmingham.pm.org/cgi-bin/brum.pl?act=tech-next

Times:

These are the rough times for the evening:

* food available until 9pm
* talks: 8.00-10.00pm
* pub closes: 11.00pm

Cheers,