[Malvern] Intel Atom Processors

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sun Nov 1 16:08:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 03:45:46PM -0000, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Afternoon All
>
> Can anyone tell me what the difference is between an Intel Atom 270 and 530
> (think they're the right numbers) CPUs?

Seems as if one is designed for netbooks and the other for high-end PDAs.  I
doubt there's a lot in it with battery life, one is 2W, the other 2.5W.
Most of the power in a laptop goes on the HD and the LCD backlight as far as
I can tell.

> PS  I think I can actually make this Tuesday evening if the GMH is on!

I stand a good chance of being there this time.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR