[Malvern] Ping and edgey

William Chaundy willchaundy at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:03:57 UTC 2009

Dear all,

Has anyone come across any of these problems recently:

1) I have been unable to load a few websites, and after pinging these sites nothing have come up - though when I do this on the websites that are working they are fine. (only happened yesterday and today). I must confess I am send this from a Microsoft OS as this is one of the sites that does not work on Linux).

2) I am still on 'edgey' and 'Firefox 1.5', I have tried to upgrade with no success any advice. I have followed instructions and tried to do this through the terminal though it will not let me carry out this procedure and says that some stages of the operation have failed any advice.

Please any help would be very much appreciated.

William