[Malvern] java in ubuntu

William Chaundy willchaundy at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 16:47:29 UTC 2009

I found 'sudo aptitude install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin' and then instead of 6 I tried 5. Still did not work. The message below is what came next:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Initialising package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "sun-java5-jre"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "sun-java5-plugin"
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.

Any ideas, plus I am still on edgy and I have tried upgrading to fiesty still won't let me.

Any new ideas

William Chaundy

MSN straight to your mobile - news, entertainment, videos and more.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/