[Malvern] Slideshow for window

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 23:00:52 UTC 2012

Yo Luggers

I am going to put a simple presentation in the window of my shop once I have borrowed, begged or stolen a redundant flat screen monitor. I might end up putting a CRT in there but it is a bit big and heavy on power. There may also be a poster display of some process or other like how nameservers work or why it is not possible to send cheese that you could acually eat over the internet even though there is a protocal for it - TCP/IP Transmit Cheese Pocket/Irrisistable Pong.

Perhaps it might be fun, once people have got used to looking at something geeky in the window, to work up to an install day. Something Chris and I have talked about. It might be a good idea to advertise the Malvern Hackspace on there at some time too.

Anyway please have a look this http://malvern.lug.org.uk/what_is_open_source_slides_01-1.pdf and see if you think it is fit for purpose remembering that it will be read by people wandering around the link or stuck in the traffic who will probably have only a limited knowledge of geekery. It may get a bit more jazzed up but I was going for simplicity.

Any flat screen monitors going anywhere?

--
Cheers

Phil

Creative Spaces