[Malvern] Ubuntu Raring Ringtail.

Steve Cashmore mlug at cashmore.me.uk
Mon Feb 2 18:26:59 UTC 2015

Assuming gnome-terminal is installed press <Ctrl><Alt>T. It's there on a
default install.

XFCE isn't installed by default:-

    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install xfce4

Then the little round icon on the login screen should let you choose the
default desktop manager for this and future logins.

I can't cope with the Unity interface so install
'ubuntu-session-fallback' for a more acceptable style. A better
alternative may be Mint 17.1 if you like a Windows style interface.

--
Steve