[Menai-LUG] Hey.

TJ ug99006 at informatics.bangor.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 21:48:00 2003

Hi,

I think the 14th is in holidays, i should be able to make it
(unless i forget again)

I would be happy to install debian, but I dont have a machine*

As to modems, dont trust the linux compatible labeled modems
unless your absolutly sure it is h/w, some come with bins you
need to run at boot, so check the manufactures web site
the there is such bin for you kernel version.
I would always recommend ext h/w (if not for the cool flashing
lights =)

*I seem to be slowly aquiring parts as ppl give me their left
overs. so far i got
-PSU
-Mobo (SocketA AMD)
-x2 160Mb HDD
-Can borrow
--K/B + mouse
--Gfx card
--Monitor

so I'm just short an athlon and ram (case is an unecassery luxery)
maybe a 10/100 net card

-TJ