[Menai-LUG] Hello

TJ ug99006 at informatics.bangor.ac.uk
Wed Jan 29 16:51:02 2003

Hi,

I just joined the mail list, and been reading the archive, sorry I
didn't
sooner, I get easily distracted =) (yep I use smilies)
although I note that barely half of last meeting attendees
have posted anything.
I'll talk to some of my other Linux using friends at the dept.

As to those old computer I was talking about, they belong to the dept.
and I assume they have plans for them. building a (mosix) cluster
out of them was a passing converstion I had with one of the
lectures as to some thing they could do while sit up on the
4th floor in storage. He told me that he would pursue the idea
towards the end of the (academic) year to see if it would
be possible
but by the way Dr Williams (one of the network admins)
was muttering 'not a chance' at that last meeting it may never happen.
would have been good though, was enough boxes there for a reasonably
powerful number cruncher (eg do some physics simulations)

Just buring some Debian Woody r1 CDs since poeple have asked to
borrow my install CDs of which I have non since I installed Debian
over a modem =)

-Thorben