[Menai-LUG] Re: Welsh bootable CD distro

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Mon Jun 21 09:59:38 BST 2004

On Sunday 20 June 2004 6:28 pm, Llywelyn Owen wrote:
> Thanks for that Kevin. Was there a lot of interest
> and/or good reaction at the Urdd? Have the media
> got any interest in the idea?

Yes, a great deal of interest - we gave out about 100 disks to those who were
interested enough to spend about 10 minutes on a demo.  About 15% of the
people we spoke to had heard of Linux, although less than 5% had tried it.

We got a piece in the Western Mail on 6 June, and there were two more pieces
in Yr Herald and the Western Mail on 19 June, so the word is slowly
percolating out.  Anything anyone can do to help that is all to the good :-)

--

Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly

www.kyfieithu.co.uk - Meddalwedd Rhydd yn Gymraeg