[Menai-LUG] Re: Mandrake 9.2 installation problem (and meetings/UWB)

Kevin Donnelly kevin at dotmon.com
Wed Mar 9 11:05:06 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 Mar 2005 22:11, Rhys Jones wrote:
> I've recently subscribed to this list because I've started a job at
> University of Wales Bangor, on quite an interesting project to develop
> free speech technology for Welsh.
> http://www.bangor.ac.uk/ar/cb/wispr.php

Good luck, and welcome!  KDE has just added a TTS app:
http://accessibility.kde.org/developer/kttsd/index.php
The main issue in developing that for Welsh would be setting up the phoneme
rules and recording the voices.

> Aside from that, I'm still involved with the Welsh GNOME translation
> efforts, and I know Kevin through those channels (haia Kevin). Though
> I work largely remotely for now, I will be in the area for one week a
> month, and would be delighted to meet you all.

Perhaps we should try and organise a meeting if we could decide on a place and
time.  Joe, others?  Any views?

--

Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly