[Menai-LUG] Proposal: First North Wales LUG Meeting

Tim Pierz-Fennell menlug at pierzfennell.ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 12 23:49:41 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, 12 August 2009 22:26, Mark Jones set their hand to:
> It's the Afon Conwy, ...

Is that a pub, or the actual river? ;-)

>                  ... situated on Conway Road, just off the A55 and
> opposite the Shell garage. Catch a 27 from opposite the train
> station towards Tan Lan, it's a 6 minute journey (around a
> roundabout) I will be there from 12:45, we will be starting at 1pm
> until late.

Well, I'm glad it's not too far from a train station.

According to my calculations, almost all the stations between Holyhead
and Chester (except perhaps Prestatyn and Fflint) are within a few
minutes bus ride from the A55.

I would guess, however, from the references to Conw[a]y that it's most
likely between Penmaenmawr and Colwyn Bay.

On Wednesday, 12 August 2009 10:07, I set my hand to:
> Could you give this as an 8-digit OS grid reference or conventional
> address, please?

Ok, so I take it that you cannot do either -- how about a town name,
please?

--
HTH
Tim