[Newark] Scripted blender

Chris Burton Chris at 7of9b.org
Wed Feb 25 13:46:22 UTC 2009

Hi,
 I know there are a few on here who use blender and I've been meaning to
post this for a while and keep getting distracted and forget - yes I know
you keep reminding me ChrisH ;)

I'm wanting to create a 3d object with the intentions of getting it made by
someone like shapeways (http://www.shapeways.com/). The problem is Blender
seems to be more focused on being creative via the GUI and not through
scripting. I'm more interested in positioning objects exactly where I want
them rather than battling with a GUI to get things where I want them. So I
was wondering if there's a way I can script objects to be positioned at a
specific location/size/orientation/etc to make it a little more like povray
scene files?

ChrisB.