[Nottingham] [OxLUG] Radeon 9000 support on PPC

Rob Andrews nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Nov 15 12:18:01 2002

[15-Nov-2002 01:46.49 (GMT) / Jon Masters]
 > As per the message below, I am after specific information on the Radeon
 > 9000 running on PPC hardware and not general peecee usage. Thanks.

PPC ATI support is in dri-trunk, the development dri tree that's worked on
outside of the normal xfree86 development.

Either grab CVS and compile, or if you're a debian user, you're lucky enough
to have packages made up every time it turns stable. Put the following apt
source into your sources.list file:

deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk/ ./

Install "xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk", "xlibmesa3-dri-trunk" and
"drm-trunk-module-src". Unpack, build and install /usr/src/drm-trunk.tar.gz,
modprobe radeon.o, then have at least these bits in a normal XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_CH"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"

#       Option          "XkbDisable"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Radeon 9000"
        Driver          "ati"

        Option          "UseFBDev"
#       Option          "AGPMode" "2"

# This enables page flipping for 3D clients. There are some issues with it,
# if they bother you disable it
        Option          "EnablePageFlip"
EndSection

Then specify your monitor as normal and screen section.

--
rob 'nine' andrews     <e> rob@impure.org.uk <pgp_key> 0x8bb5c71e
is nothing sacred?                      <w> http://impure.org.uk/