[Nottingham] Wireless Post?

Graeme Fowler nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 9 14:36:00 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Carl Ebrey wrote:
> http://www.thisisnottingham.com/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=66056&command=displayContent&sourceNode=65583&contentPK=2763614

Anyone remember the recent arrests at various security conventions in the
USA when this was demonstrated? ISTR someone being labelled a
"cyber-terrorist" for standing _outside_ Starbucks and using their
wireless LAN node, apparently only available inside the building ;-)

I just love provincial newspaper reporting.

Come to that, Radio5 were reporting the other morning on the "latest virus
which will steal your credit card details". I'd like to see it prise my
card out of my wallet without me noticing :)