[Nottingham] SuSE 8.2 install problems

Roger Light nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 10:22:00 2003

Hi,

>Can windows xp restore its boot-up somehow? Or do I need to install LILO =
or
>GRUB from the linux installation onto the primary partition? Or what?

I stuffed up my win2k install the other week and was getting the same =
message. I started a new install of windows to a different location =
(c:\winnt2) and let it run for a little and then rebooted - I was then =
given the option of rebooting to my old install. I did and it worked fine. =
Deleted c:\winnt2 and edited c:\boot.ini to remove the second boot option.

Don't know whether this would work with XP of course though.

Cheers,

Roger