[Nottingham] NanNet

Martin nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 17:45:00 2003

James Duncan wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 16:14, Martin Garton wrote:
>>On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, James Duncan wrote:
>>> I am also in NG7 and I am *VERY* interested in this.  I am on a
>>> broadband connection and would be willing to donate bandwidth also.
>>> Would any one be interested in divying up a really big pipe?
>>I'm in NG7 also. (but I don't know for how much longer)
>>What do you call "really big? :)
> Enough to make an FTP server cry? ;
> Maybe we could get a few people involved and rent SDSL or similar.
[...]

On a related WiFi/Mesh LAN/WAN note, take a look at:

Become a wireless ISP: for three hundred pounds

..."like lilypads which you hop from one to another" a UK company has
produced Mesh wireless technology which you can buy and install, today,
for under £300.

http://www.newswireless.net/articles/030120-locust.html

Special note:

  The last legal obstacle, according to founder Richard Lander, was the
decision by Oftel, allowing people to share their broadband with up to
20 others.

...!
Does this make broadband suppliers' restrictions on sharing links
unenforceable?

martin@ml1.co.uk