[Nottingham] gnome

David Joseph nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jul 13 13:22:00 2003

Mike, thanks for the reply, tried to use "reply" and got back the
message that it was detained pending moderators approval (spam filter)
which in a way I suppose it is..........
But what I wanted to say in reply to your questions was, on stat-up the
"splash screen" shows Gnome 1.4 and by dragging an icon onto the
desktop, I mean left clicking the mouse on the Gnome icon, then
selecting an application (say abiword) and holding down the left mouse
button, dragging it onto the desktop a-la KDE or even windoze.

Regards, David.

p.s. Quite hurt to think the system is rejecting my postings as "spam"