[Nottingham] Wednesday 5th March (TODAY!) NotLUG 7pm! [Nottingham]

Paul Sladen nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 13:10:01 2003

Nottingham City Council, Nottingham's Biggest Employer, recently switched
over 7,000 of their users from Microsoft-based email systems to a reliable
web-based groupware system running on SuSE's GNU/Linux mail-server.

The Nottingham GNU/Linux Users' Group present--in association with
Nottingham Trent University's Dept of Engineering--a talk by Richard Hegg,
Systems support analyst at Nottingham City Council--on:

  Implementing an Email Solution with Open Source and Free Software
  (or: Penguins Invade Nottingham City Council) -- A short talk on
  Nottingham City Council's recent roll-out of a Linux-based email
  solution, webmail, calendaring and groupware. Why we did it, how
  long it took, what went wrong, and where we are going next.

Free [as in Beer]
*7:00pm* start, Wednesday, 2003 March 5th
Maudslay Lecture Theatre; Nottingham Trent University School of Engineering

Maps:

  http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/

If you want to hear about real-world, massive, local-government Linux
deployment, eat the sticky buns and enjoy the lecture, come along!

Posters:

  http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/posters/poster-5thMarch2003.pdf

Suse Press Release:

  http://www.suse.de/uk/company/press/press_releases/archive03/nottingham_city_council.html

Please distribute this message to any others you feel it may be of interest
to, particularly those in Business considering/evaluating Linux/Open Source.

See you all there,

	-Paul
--
No War.    Nottingham, GB