[Nottingham] Too much traffic

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Mar 6 02:37:01 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Martin wrote:

> Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
>  > begin On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Iain Alexander wrote:
>  >> Email traffic seems to be getting heaving in the mailing list,
>  >> would it prudent to consider another method of communication
>  >> instead of a listserver?
> [...]
>  > Heavy ? You call 200-300 messages a month (~<10/day) heavy ?
>  >
>  > This is a >MAILING LIST< for a growing LUG what do you expect ? People
> [ ... Short fuse to napalm bomb ... ]
That was the edited version.

>  > or:
>  >	I am a windows user.  Have any other forms of euthenasia been
>  > legalised yet ?
> [...]
>  > Have fun, Duncan
>
> How many beers?

Not enough.

> Must have been good stuff! (:-))
>
> Martin
> Just to feed more mail into the inferno...
>
> BTW:
> Good talk at yesterday evening's meeting. Including the donuts!

Glad you enjoyed it.  I enjoyed it too and thanks to Paul Sladen and Michael Haber for helping out big time with organizing it.

So, which were you're favourite muffins/donuts , blueberry, chocolate chip or jam ?
I have always enjoyed the elegant simplicity yet fiendish difficulty presented by a jam donut.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,