[Nottingham] Oops

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Wed Oct 22 17:54:30 BST 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> > Anyone any good at reading decoded Oops reports?
> Have a look at ksymoops (8).

I did, that's why I said "decoded". I simply wanted a second (or more!)opinion
on what it might have been. As it tunred out my vague suspicions appeared
well-founded in that it turned out - or at least seems that way - to have been
a corrupt swap partition.

I switched swap off, dd'd /dev/zero to it to flatten it, recreated swap again
and switched it back on. The server's been lovely ever since :)

Thanks to Paul Sladen and Rob Andrews for chipping in with assistance.

Graeme