[Nottingham] Preventing console starting on embedded arm-linux setup

Ant Allen antony.allen at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 21:42:02 BST 2004

On Thursday 01 Apr 2004 7:31 pm, Paul Sladen wrote:
> Look for the line in `/etc/inittab' which is starting `getty' on the
> framebuffer;  comment it out with a `#' hash and run `init q' to reload
> the `init' process.

That's the login prompt gone but  I've still got tux and a flashing cursor.

Ideally I don't want to start the console on the framebuffer at all ... partly
because I don't want the flashing cursor, and partly because I've modified
the framebuffer device driver and I think I've broken framebuffer console
scrolling support.  How do I stop the console being initialised in the first
place?

Ant