[Nottingham] Making a padded cell...

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 22:24:18 GMT 2004

I think this is easy, but thought I'd just see if I'm right!

My laptop is (probably) going to be used as a rolling slideshow machine at  a
party this weekend - rolling through lots of pictures from the past of the
young lady whose 21st birthday it will be :-)

I really doubt that anyone there would (a) know how to muck around with a
Linux filesystem (other than my family)   and (b) want to anyway, but just in
case (and in case of accidents) I was planning to:

- Set up a new user for the event,
- Put the picture files into that user's home directory with permissions 444,
- Kill the screensaver
- Start Digikam rolling the slideshow
- Cover the keyboard with something beerproof

Anything else I really ought to do to avoid problems?

--
David Aldred