windows day (was Re: [Nottingham] Which distribution?)

Iain Moppett Iain.Moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 20:22:38 GMT 2004

....Silly animated charts to deal with data from image analysis. Active buttons, multiple chats and the like. The necessary messing about to see if things are doing what I hope they are (they're not :-| ). I've been trying to do it in oOo spreadsheets and gnumeric, but they just don't seem to be as up to it. 'gnuplot' is on the list to look at, but is it worth the trouble of getting wine going for excel?.....

Glad I'm not the only one! Sadly OOOcalcs just isn't quite as good as the curent Excel: multiple charts and the ability to use scroll bars and spinners is my main gripe.

Iain

Dave

___________________________
David Wolfson