[Nottingham] Network problems again...

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Fri Dec 24 22:53:35 GMT 2004

On Friday 24 Dec 2004 16:51, Martin wrote:
> David Aldred wrote:
> > I've just reinstalled Mandrake 10.0 on my main machine.   Some rather odd
>
> [...]
>
> > What do I do now???
>
> Install 10.1 "Official"?...
>
> Try without the wlan and then Google for others' comments on your setup?

It's amazing what  you can find when you really have to.....

Peter and I had searched all over the place for any answers to the Mandrake
10.1/atmel wifi problem.  Now there is an answer - and it's reported in the
Mandrake Club forums at

http://forum.mandrakeclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=30817

(There is a slight error in the script provided there: in a couple of places
'at7c...' needs replacing with 'at76c...'.).

So it's all back up & running.  Still no idea what the problem was under 10.0
after this last install, but things are working again.

--
David Aldred