[Nottingham] Real Audio server on linux box

peter.chang at nottingham.ac.uk peter.chang at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 16:32:46 GMT 2004

> On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 11:57, Stuart Leask wrote:
> > We want to make some lectures available to students over the web,
>
> Why not just give them lecture notes (in OOo format, of course).   :-)

Well that will defeat the purpose of actually feeding the information
through students' brains at least once (unless there's accurate
transcription software). Lecture notes just get filed away until panic
time.

Didn't URN have an icecast (http://www.icecast.org/) server set up
sometime ago? Look back in the archives for peeps talking about it...

Peter