[Nottingham] Wireless network cards

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat May 8 23:43:29 BST 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Stephen Hodgson wrote:

> Broacasting 100-150m is not unrealistic but you should carefully
> consider your choice of wireless networking devices - a lot of
> PCMCIA/CardBus laptop cards have built-in antennae which, whilst
> unobtrusive, often don't seem to be very good at sending data.  With

Would agree with this. My PCMCIA card struggles to reach the other side of
the house, or even into my own garden (with line of site, albeit through
double-glazing). It does seem to depend on the machine it's in - it's
noticeably worse in my new laptop compared to the old one.

Rob

--
| "It's only a trap if you don't take |