[Nottingham] EU Software Patent Legislation: new topic available on new LUG web page.

David Aldred nr at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu May 13 18:48:59 BST 2004

In message <20040513165526.GA5604 at sapphire.jimbo.org.uk>, James Green
<jkg at jimbo.org.uk> writes
>On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 05:35:34PM +0100, Martin Garton wrote:
>
>> I have created a new topic. Lets take the discussion there.
>
>Does it offer anything over a mailing list discussion? I can't speak for
>others in general, but I'm confident I'm not alone here in much
>preferring discussions on a mailing list to on some random web forum.

Easy answer: prefix off-topic stuff with [OT].  Anyone wanting to avoid
such stuff just filters mail with subject lines starting
[Nottingham][OT] to their e-wastebasket.

(Personally, I far prefer mailing lists to web forums too, and for
essentially the same reasons.)
--
|\avid Aldred   / David at familyaldred.org.uk  \   Nottingham, England