[Nottingham] Introduction (repeat?)

Michael Whitby m.whitby at mw.tele2.co.uk
Fri May 14 18:46:01 BST 2004

hey everyone, i did actually send a mail to the list a while back
introducing myself (as im new here), it went on slightly but i did ask a
question and never got an answer :S i beelive thats because it never
made it to the list for some reason, im not *positive* but i definatly
didnt receive it, so ill repeat it (in abstract!)

basically ive been playing about (and i do mean playing, notrhing
serious) on and off for a month or two but havent had too much time to
get too "to grips" with it, i reckon thats because the distro i am
getting to me seem too full or bloated, i would prefer a simple command
line no gui distro so i can get to grips with the CLI before going too
graphical ( i like to learn from the bottom up). One of the distro's
that seemed attractive is Core Linux, i dont know if that seems
ambitious of someone new to Linux..i see it as the opposite really, with
Core linux and a tutorial giving me guidelines i reckon id learn more
about linux than by just using a distro all pre-configured, plus id be
happier because its 'my own' so to speak! My question would be; has
anyone used core? is it good? are they any other distro's similar but
possibly (in your opinion) better (and why)?

that was the canned version of the previous e-mail, apologoies if you
did all get the last one :)

also, when is the nextxt social meeting? or newbie meeting or whatever
it would be called! would be good to meet you all go for a drink :P I
did check the website but i have (from the lists) that the calenders
arent up to date so ill ask here instead :)

see you soon!
Mick