[Nottingham] Sarge+2.6+nVidia - easy install wanted

msemtd at yahoo.co.uk msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 27 14:00:23 BST 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 16:30, Simon Osborne wrote:

> Grab the binary from
> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-5336.html
>
> It's extremely easy to install. The latest version supports 2.6 kernels.

That didn't work for me - it complained about not being able to find a binary
for my architecture. Instead I forced the install of the nvidia-kernel-source
package and built a new nvidia-kernel .deb (thus keeping true to the Debian
way :) ). Then I was able to install nvidia-glx and get that working.
 Accelerated GL here we come!

Michael Erskine (triumphant once again :) )