[Nottingham] Awareness day

Robert Postill robert at grinning-cat.com
Mon Nov 1 10:51:24 GMT 2004

Simon,
There are some practical details on the website but in essence:
Fri 5th: Organisational/Work oriented day.  We need good stories about
people putting Linux to work for them.
Sat 6th: Individual oriented day.  More like last years event.  Think
personal productivity and games.  Helping hand and some guidance for
home users.

What can you do to help?
Fri:
Be there and be friendly.  Server oriented demos and advice for
migration from Windows are likely to be big winners.  All stories of how
good Linux is for task X (use cases will be especially welcome) will
help.
Sat:
Be there and be friendly.  Demos of home user apps and helpful advice on
getting started (what are your favourite apps was a question I remember
recurring last year).
Generally:
Posters, we'd like some. PLEASE DO NOT POST THESE ON LAMPOSTS OR ON THE
PUBLIC HIGHWAY!!!  Last year was not funny for a couple of days (see
list archive).  But posters to put in shop windows or community centres,
religious venues and the like are welcome.

Personally speaking, if you can turn up and be a positive rolemodel for
Linux usage then you're welcome.  If you want to bring a box that's
great and if you'd like to help with any of the suggestions above then
I'd be pathetically grateful :)

Robert.

--
Robert Postill