[Nottingham] remote cups printing problem

Roger Light Roger.Light at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 11:47:14 BST 2004

> lpr: unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable
>
> <Location /printers/HP2300d>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1
> AuthType None
> </Location>

It looks to me as though you are only allowing access to the printers to localhost. Try adding your network to the Allow from line, so something like

Allow from 127.0.0.1 128.243.65.

Or whatever the appropriate ip address is.

Giving 128.243.65. means to allow from 128.243.65.1 to 128.243.65.255 (254?). So 128.243. would mean the entire university.

Cheers,

Roger