[Nottingham] xine help

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Mon Apr 4 22:09:28 BST 2005

Monday 04 April 2005 10:04, skrev Sarah Swindell:
> I've been trying to play a dvd (black books series 2, though I suspect that
> this isn't relevant to the problem) using Xine. It tells me:
> Xine engine error,
> no demuxer plugin available to handle mny/cdrom/video_ts/video_ts.bup
> (file format not registered)
> unknown buffer type 0106000 0400000 and 02000000
>
> I'm running Mepis (debian based) and my dvd drive is a cheapo Matshita one
> from Maplins. It plays CDs fine using KSCD.
>
> any idea what demuxer plugin it wants or where to find it?
>
> I've looked on http://xine.sf.net but didn't find anything that helped.

xine dvd:/ will play a dvd

Since it's kind of illegal, debian doesn't ship it by default, so add this to
your sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat unstable main

and install the package libdvdcss2 (???)-- xine may or may not tell you what
you actually need

At least that's what I do on debian.

Have fun, good luck.

Don't tell Big Brother.