[Nottingham] *** TOMORROW *** 06/04/2005 'LAN Party & Fix-it Evening' for a Linux housewarming party

Peter Aldred peter at familyaldred.org.uk
Tue Apr 5 19:15:56 BST 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 13:48, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> A reminder for tomorrow:
> > We have places for newbies and hackers alike.
> >
> > We'll also be experimenting with a web-based auto seeding bittorrent
> > to see what can be done over a lan.
> >
> > (Please bring your favourite distro isos or whatever (;-))

An update from the Aldred end of things (so to speak) - we'll be bringing a
laptop running Kubuntu 5.04, along with install CD if anyone else wishes
to try it; I'll also be bringing my box, which has a CD and DVD burner and
pretty lights, should any of this be of use, although I'm hoping to
upgrade to Mandy 2005 LE over the course of the evening, assuming we've
got a copy, collectively or otherwise.

Speaking of which, is there to be any download co-ordination? We've
probably got enough speed here to get at least one CD, but there's no
point redownloading the wheel.
--
Peter Aldred