[Nottingham] Microsoft forge ahead with new technology

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 10:10:24 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 17:49, Roger Light wrote:
> > > I was trying to follow my Creator's example and be subtle but not
> > > malicious.
> > Hey! If your Creator is the same as mine
> Do you mean Santa?

Aha! Somebody _DOES_ read my blog (I read yours Roger!)

> Back on topic-ish, I think you mentioned replacing a running kernel
> without rebooting in another thread. Have you done this successfully
> then? Would you care to pass on your experiences? It's something I've
> always intended to look at as being "cool", but have never got around
> to.

I think you grant me more sophistication than I can aspire to here: no I have
never looked into replacing a running kernel -- I was referring to having
performed an automated minor kernel upgrade (via apt) but encountering
problems possibly due to not rebooting (despite warnings!).

I am rather interested in whether it is possible to somehow overload a running
kernel though!

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--
The honeymoon is over when he phones to say he'll be late for supper and
she's already left a note that it's in the refrigerator.