[Nottingham] SANE:HP scanjet 5370c

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 09:49:50 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 23:25, David Wolfson wrote:
> I gather that printing in linux used to be considered 'tricky'. It now
> seems that this can be said of scanning instead! I'm trying to get my
> scanner (HP scanjet 5370c) working under mandrake10.1, and am having
> trouble. I've been googling and reading manpages on and off for the last
> week, and after a 2 hour stint this eveing could do with some advise
> please.

I guess this might not help you David (in fact I'd be infuriated by such
news), but I set up a HP Scanjet _5470c_ (a similar device) a little while
ago over USB on Debian Sarge and it was a breeze. The problem there being
that I learnt little or nothing about the process of setting up a scanner
under sane.

Regards,
Michael.

--
A long memory is the most subversive idea in America.