[Nottingham] Wed 19th of January Meet

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 23:41:20 GMT 2005

Martin wrote:
[...]
> I'll announce the talk tomorrow. To be at the usual Sharespace venue.
> Post-talk meetup over at The Salution ('cos we ain't tried there yet).
> Unless someone knows which Wednesdays there is no sport on the TV at the
> News House....

Sorry for keeping everyone in suspense.

The first talk of the year is a 'Newbie Friendly':

"What distro" and "Installing"
==============================

19:30 meet at our usual Sharespace, for 19:45 talk.

I'm slightly biased towards Mandrake but will cover equally the other
main distros. Others are welcome to give comment and advice on the night.

This is to give all an idea of what the Linux distros are and how they
are different. Also, a few pointers will be given on what to look out
for when installing onto your prize hardware.

Come and see how it all can work and be fun.

Followed by 21:15 at The Salutation (one of the ground floor small rooms
or somewhere upstairs).

All welcome, newbies and sys admins alike!

(Links and more verbiage later!)

martin at ml1.co.uk