[Nottingham] Voting

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 09:01:19 BST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 00:29, Michael Simms wrote:
> Maybe, however I dont consider having to trawl through the mailing list
> and pick out who was standing who had seconded them as a 'list of who is
> standing' - unless I missed a list previously, but I don't think I did.

We should have had a webpage listing those standing.

> I also had expected at least time enough to allow everyone to vote.
> Personally I feel that a window of just over 4 hours is a joke.

True, we should have given more time... and had a webpage properly describing
the voting process.

> As I said in my last email, I dont consider it 'underhanded' or
> anything, just terribly timed and very unfair for the vast majority of
> LUG members.

We had to get everything done by the AGM last night. Those who attended were
able to cast their vote at the AGM.

I wonder if there's any way we can hold the election again - or just count the
votes differently like the Americans :)

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--