[Nottingham] flexLM and clock error

David Wolfson eaxdrw at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 11:23:51 BST 2005

cheers 'the list'

>I had a similar problem and it turned out that some files had a
>modification date that was in the future compared to the computer
>clock. This leads it to thinking the clock has been dropped back.

any tips on how to do an effective search of this?

>If this doesn't appease pehaps a 'little' bit of strace work might be called for to identify what flexLM is
>referancing. Iif you've not done this before it can be quite time consuming and tideous ( | less on standby :-)

O.K. never tried this before, but get the idea. I've had a quick go (see attached), and although I can understand some of it at first glance (mostly the  read write stuff ;-)) I don't really know what I'd be looking for. If anyone is curious and spots anything I'd appechiate pointers..

>Have the s/w people offered any other avenue to a fix? Is it a reseller or the manafacturers themselves?
Just happens that one of their reps is about today...

>Might be worth while loggin a call with the UoN Staff IT Helpline fi ti hasn't already been done.
will be the next mail I send!

Cheers for the pointers, and I'll let you know if I get a solution other than reinstall,

Dave