[Nottingham] Refund on Microsoft License

Marcel namaste at uklinux.net
Wed May 18 22:44:16 BST 2005

Does anyone have experience or have information on reclaiming the
Microsoft license from a supplier? I want to buy a laptop (Fujistu Emilo
AMD 64bit) from Comet (it could be any supplier) and I want to reclaim
the money for the OS. I do not want Windows, will not use Windows and
have an alternative OS. I've some information but it relates to the
USA.  What would be good would be a specific case in the UK where
someone had successfully got a refund. Any ideas?

Marcel V. Taylor