[Nottingham] Response on awareness day

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Thu Nov 3 13:40:25 GMT 2005

Michael Simms wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 09:28 +0000, Mike Cardwell wrote:
>>Michael Simms wrote:
>>You don't appear to understand the "real" function of the list.
> Ahh your opinion stated as fact, good start.
>>Regardless of whether or not you want it to be this way, people like my
>>self sign up to LUG lists in order to learn technical information that
>>would be useful to them at home and at work.
> So you want to take and not give. Life doesnt work like that sorry.

A quick look through my mailbox sees Mike helping on issues surrounding :

  * cross-os filesystem trouble
  * iptables/netfilter
  * samba
  * spam prevention
  * X
  * routing

And I see a mail from you, where you say :

  * you are disappointed with me
  * you are bordering on disgust with me
  * you accuse me of forcing you to buy and waste 100 stamps (!)
  * you criticise me for not taking part in hobbiest journalism

How much do you pay for hosting to the lug.org.uk people ?  Or do you
take and not give ?

>>Insulting people will not help your cause.
> I dont recall me insulting anyone.

I'm insulted.