[Nottingham] Re: VIA EPIA + SUSE video driver problem

Ashley ashley.arb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 09:40:11 GMT 2005

To clarify...

I have no video output from the graphics card at all when the
graphical display starts.  I am using the on board VGA.  I think this
problem is unrelated to the TV card (it's a direct draw type).  I
still suspect this is a SUSE / EPIA M10000 problem, but I am surprised
it does not just work.

When I started the install the install program ran in graphical mode,
but it rebooted after the 1st CD then the installer continued it text
mode.  I am installing from extracted iso's on another partition.  The
machine is also dual boot with Slackware.  Perhaps those factors have
confused the installer?

Thanks,
Ashley