Re: [Ascii] mail to nottingham linux users group Re: [Nottingham] Cybercafés (fwd)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 12:33:24 BST 2005

Dear ALL,

Listadmin note:

There's been enough badness about this and the previous thread, and all
from just two postings. Perhaps this is how wars get started?

Now: NO MORE.

Very simply:

This is a very public forum. Private offlist mail should never be
posted, regardless of provocation, unless positive explicit permission
has been given by the author.

I'm very happy for the occasional flamewar provided it stays POSITIVE.
You can all keep the old school yard silliness offlist.

And any good argument can be argued without descending to abuse. The
first use of swearing just shows that the argument is already lost.

The next discussion for anything for this, if at all, should be at our
meeting on Wednesday (tomorrow).

(In the meantime, I would greatly prefer not to need to logon as
listadmin. I have noted all perpetrators concerned, and you're very
welcome to buy a round of drinks for the group.)

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk