[Nottingham] Buying a Laptop

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 17:36:54 BST 2005

Edgar

> I looking to buy a laptop. Looking at spending 600 to 900 pounds. Does anyone
> have any recommendations as to where to buy one?  I have very little
> experience with laptops. Does anyone know where I could get one without an OS
> at a discount?

I have seen a Gericom laptop that was bought from Aldi run linux very
well. They are available by mail order from Germany, and are cheap but I
personally haven't bought one.

Here's the link:

http://www.gericom.com/index.php?id=195&backPID=195&tt_products=408

That particular model has a high res screen and sold at £1000 from Aldi,
although it's cheaper now.

I think they used to sell some laptops with Linux but I don't see any on
their site at the moment.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--